Pacquiao's dream of becoming country's President


            A Philippines and world boxing icon and at the same time Saranggani Representative Manny Pacquiao is affirming his plan for running as President of our country by the time he will decide to end his boxing career. This is what he had revealed during his interview with AFP. According to Philippine Daily Inquirer’s current published issue on July 29, 2013, when pressed on whether he had thought about shooting for the top job, the soft-spoken 34-year-old replied “Yes.”

            “When I started boxing, of course I was planning, you know, and thinking about getting to become a champion. So when I enter politics it’s the same thing. But, you know, it’s far away,” he said, adding: “It’s God’s will.”

            He didn't mentioned however the exact year of running as country's president. Obviously before it happens,Pacquiao is now on the process of preparing himself for his incoming boxing fight with US fighter Brandon Rios on November 24, 2013, 10:00 a.m at the Venetian resort-hotel in Macau

            He said he was “100 percent” sure he would beat Rios (31-1-1), giving him one more chance to regain his credibility—and potentially another shot at a world title. “He’s OK but I can say he’s a greasy fighter and he loves to fight inside, he loves to fight toe-to-toe,” Pacquiao said in an interview on Saturday as he kicked off a promotional tour for the Rios battle. “This is going to be a good fight —more action in the ring. Hopefully he won’t run away. There’s a little bit of pressure for this fight but I believe in myself that I can still fight and improve,” he said. “I still can knock somebody out in the ring.” Pacquiao added.

            According to Freddie Roach, his incoming fight of Manny might be last time he sets foot in the ring if he loses to Rios. His mother and his wife also want him to retire but it was Manny who insisted not to end his boxing career at these times.

            Acknowledging he is no longer a young fighter -- but confident he will be in as good a shape as ever -- he said: "Of course, my mind is still there but I have to adjust a little bit of something in my body because I'm 34 years old. It's different than if you compare it to when I was 25 years old. I need to focus this training camp to maintain the speed, specifically the footwork."

            Filipinos different reactions about his dream of becoming President of his homeland will be expected. Although Pacquiao, a second-term lawmaker, has so far filed five bills in the House of Representatives.
Pacquiao's dream of becoming country's President Pacquiao's dream of becoming country's President Reviewed by Jenelyn on 7:01:00 AM Rating: 5

No comments